I will take a photo next time I make this. Recipe originally posted in October 2012.
- 5 lb. roast - any cut will do
- 2 onions, halved & quartered (you should get 8 pieces per onion)
- at least 5 carrots, cut into 3" pieces, but I used 10 or 12
- small new potatoes, 15 - 20 - leave out for paleo diet, replace with turnips or similar
- fresh rosemary, to taste
- S&P, to taste
- 4 cups beef broth
- This is insanely easy. Put everything in the crock and set it on low for 8 - 10 hours. Oh, you needed more detail? Still easy. I put my veggies in rst, then put my roast on top. If the roast is sitting too high in the crock, move some veggies up to the sides so it sits lower. Salt & pepper to your hearts content. I don't use much. Tuck the rosemary sprigs down around the sides/under the roast (around the sides is perfectly ne). I used six or eight of them. I like rosemary. Pour the beef broth in. Put on the lid, turn on the crock, walk away. See? Insanely easy.