This sauce was delicious. It has a little bit of an after-bite that my kids weren’t in love with, but overall it was a nice sauce. It got milder with age (something that surprised me) and about two weeks of storage in the fridge all but killed that little after-bite it had when fresh.
We cooked the chicken thighs for about 20 minutes on one side, then 20 on the other, then turned and sauced for 15 – 20 min and then turned and sauced again. I like my BBQ chicken a little on the charred side, so cook to your preference on your grill. I highly suggest the pre-cook time though!
Coffee BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Strong Brewed Coffee
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar or sweetener of your choice
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup chopped Vidalia onion
- ½ cup Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic, Grated
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Or Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso or strong instant coffee mix (Bustelo is awesome!)