I have been obsessively using my brand spankin new Vitamix. I mean, what else do you do with such a beauty? I just threw this together for the kids – none of whom were especially hungry (we had a super late lunch) but were peckish. Et viola! A mostly healthy tummy filler!
- 1.5 C almond milk (plain or vanilla, I used plain)
- 4 frozen bananas
- .5 - 1 C Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla, I used plain)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (I'd omit if using vanilla almond milk, but my kids wouldn't, so your call!)
- 1.5 scoops protein powder (plain or vanilla!, I used vanilla)
- scoop of probiotics powder (can omit)
- squeeze of honey, to taste
- Add all to blender, in order listed, and blend! I used a Vitamix, started on 1, turned up to 10, then flipped to high and blended until thoroughly smoothified ;)
- This came out quite similar to a Checker's banana milkshake. Maybe another banana would have given it that little bit of extra thickness. I was able to split this between three kids and not have any complain about how much they got.